Saturday 17 July 2021

Little Steps and Experimentation

So I've been technically separated for 7 years and actually separated from my ex for 5 years. Divorce has never been talked about but it will happen, ties that bound us together have changed and she's reverted to her maiden name.

In all of those 7 years I've tried to do the right thing and always put family first. Because of this I've watched my son finish college, get a job he's happy in and move his girlfriend in. I've watched my daughter finish school, college and embark on her first year at university during a pandemic. I even became the main support bubble for my ex, helping with shopping (I'm the one with a car and she hates driving), helping with some diy and large flatpack units, driving her to hospital appointments for frozen shoulder and even some gardening.

During the last 18 months I've worked from home, spent 4 months on furlough (reduced wage funded by government but not able to work), spent a further 4 months working from home part-time and still working from home to this day.

The one thing I rarely did was make time for myself, partly because I never have an empty house and partly I didn't realise how much I needed it. If I look back 10 - 12 years I was shy but confident with my body. I've been a swinger, went to a club regularly as part of a couple, regularly in chat rooms on a swingers site, had a 3-some on camera to an audience of roughly 80 people, the list goes on but I always felt comfortable with my body.

A few years back I tried to get back into swinging which is not easy as a single male but my confidence was gone so I gave up. It was like I'd reverted to the unconfident person I was in my early 20's. I still struggle today with my confidence but following conversations with various people I've decided to try and liberate myself by taking little steps to rebuild my confidence and also experiment to see what kinks I may be inclined to give a chance.

The first step was to get outside my comfort zone which I did and the result was gags 

My second step was to get outside my comfort zone and show my body which the result is below



I'll continue to push myself, step out of my comfort zone, participate more and hopefully gain some of that lost confidence

While I remember I consciously did something for myself 2 years ago by getting a PA (Prince Albert) piercing and over the past few months embarked on the process of going from a 10g to a 2g bar/ring/horseshoe. I trying to think of ways to incorporate them into my pics the right way so they aren't just another "dick pic" 😀









2 comments:

  1. I love that you are challenging yourself and exploring and using your blog to do so. Relationships ending can have a huge impact on our self image and how desirable we feel but with time I have realised that is not how other people see me, only how I do

    Molly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yet again thank you for your kind and encouraging words. I think a number of factors had got me to this point and I know that until I'm happy with myself I can't actually be happy with someone else. As I try things out I discover a little more about me, who I am now and what I want. It's also making me enjoying my photography again. My blog is therapeutic and I know I have to challenge myself to move forward.

      Delete