Saturday 14 August 2021

Vulnerable - Still

So almost 2 years ago I entered a pic into Sinful Sunday entitled "Vulnerability" and received a lot of supportive comments. I recently started feeling the same again and reviewed the post, it was short and to the point of how I was at the time.

This time that vulnerability is a mix of things as well as the same dread of dating. Some are recent events that I've played a major part in and have been self destructive. I've lost someone I considered a good friend by becoming obsessed with a scenario in my mind, and know I have only myself to blame. If I could turn back time and correct my heinous mistake I would, but I can't and know I have to live with it, learn and move on. Others are the continued failure to connect with someone for dating or casual fun, not getting responses to intro emails or past a conversation.

However, the final vulnerability is one I've opened up myself. I realise that I needed to overcome some issues and find myself. To achieve this I've had to push hard and allow myself be vulnerable by trying new things and test my photography skills with brutal honesty in both my skills and self critique but also allow others to critique my photos as well. To this end I'm trying to blog more, take more pics and actively be part of a community if they'll accept me.

I had an idea to try and capture my vulnerability but afterwards it dawned on me that the most accurate take is a standard non-posed picture as we are most vulnerable in everyday situations. However everyday situations do not capture how I feel so here is the picture that succeeds in doing that.







5 comments:

  1. There is something about this image that is so completely masculine and hard lines and angles while still showing your emotion. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I tried to capture the emotion I'm currently going through still and happy that people like the image.

      Delete
  2. I'm sorry about the loss of your relationship with the person you wrote about. It feels a special kind of bad when we have ourselves and our own behavior to thank. I also like hi the way is picture is equal parts masculinity and vulnerability. And if course sexy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like you captured it very well indeed and hugs to you with regards to the lost friendship. That is a tough place to be for sure

    On a photography note as you mention wanting to develop that... try different angles. So often shooting from above can help with portraying vulnerability whereas from below can often help to portray strength and power. It is not a hard and fast rule but something to experiment and play about with

    Molly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words.

      It's actually the first posed image I've taken with my new camera as all my other pics have been on my phone. It was a big learning curve using my phone to view the image before taking it and I will definitely be experimenting more as the weeks go on.

      Delete