Thursday 12 August 2021

I Am Who I Am

I am what I am

And what I am needs no excuses" - La Cage Aux Folles

The above is taken from a song that was made famous by Gloria Gaynor. It's quite a common misheard lyric as the title of this post is how I heard it in my head the other morning whilst washing up with the radio on.

I Am Who I Am

I am complex
I am awkward
I am shy
I am talkative
I am caring
I am passionate
I am kinky
I am all of the above and more

I feel lonely at times
I try too hard to fit in
I find it hard to make friends
I unintentionally ruin the good things
I put off doing things just because
I hold back my frustration too long
I become emotional very easily
I am all of the above and more

I am the one who is quiet
I am the one who is small
I am the one who keeps to themselves at parties
I am the one everybody relies on
I am the one who just listens
I am the one who tells you you're special
I am the one who craves to be desired
I am all of the above and more

I am who I am
Without the above I would not be me







No comments:

Post a Comment