Sunday 17 May 2020

If only they could see me now

Throughout my teens I struggled with bullying because of my size (short and slight build). Nowadays I’m still conscious of my size and more so now I’m dipping my feet into the dating pool (not confident but it’s a start).

However I find myself in an unusual frame of mind when it comes to showing my body to others, an exhibitionist part of me kicks in and majority of fear subsides. Is this due to the bullying? Who knows but it’s now a part of me that’s fairly confident, just a shame this confidence doesn’t transfer to dating.



Sinful Sunday

3 comments:

  1. Be confident. You have heard the saying 'do you want to come up and see my etchings?'? Looks like you have quite the tattoo to show off. It's interesting, so you must be an interesting person. And if you are ironing a shirt, then you must be a neat person. Be as confident as you are neat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to Sinful Sunday. I hope that maybe being part of this project will help you to overcome some of your body issues when it comes to dating. I truly believe that being sexy is a state of mind not a physical look but I also know, having lived in a body that was never really perfect, that it can be easy to hear that and hard to feel it.

    Molly

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this image! I want to look at all your tattoos (and your butt!) Body image is so so so hard on the soul sometimes but if you endured childhood bullying, you can endure the bullying in your head and maybe even turn it around.

    ReplyDelete